I am almost half way through my project and it has been an amazing learning
experience. According to my timeline I am supposed to finish
in SymPy by the mid-eval (i.e, by next week) and start porting it to Symengine
after it. Though I faced some hiccups, especially in figuring out how to deal
with a symbolic ring, the deadline is achievable.
Series reversion has been added to
ring_seriesafter this PR of mine got merged.
I have started modifying the functions to operate on constant terms in the input series with this PR. I plan to finish it by this week. We are using the
EXdomain to represent the symbolic coefficients.
The PR to add puiseux series has not been yet merged. I have added a
check_precisionfunction that gives an approximate number of iterations with which the
ring_seriesfunctions will output the series of the requested order.
I expect both the pending pull requests to get merged by this week. After that
the only major task remaining, would be to write the new
structure. So, the tasks are:
Discuss and write the new
Finish pending tasks, if any, and write more tests.